The United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) is a core instrument for providing a coherent, strategic direction for UN development activities by all UN entities at country level. It guides the UN system in planning and implementing UN development activities at country level, as well as in mobilising a spectrum of development partners beyond the United Nations.
The 2019 UNSDCF Guidance provides a direction for strategic planning, funding, implementation, monitoring, learning, reporting and evaluation, all of which are undertaken by the UN development system with the host government and partners. For UN Country Teams to provide coherent and effective support to countries to achieve the 2030 Agenda, UN staff at global, regional, and country levels need to be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of the UNSDCF Guidance.
This self-paced online course is jointly designed by the UN Development Coordination Office and the UN System Staff College to equip participants with an in-depth understanding of the UNSDCF as a centrepiece of UN development system reform. It will enable reflection on how to clearly articulate the UN development system’s collective response to support countries in their pathways towards meeting the Sustainable Development Goals. Embodying the spirit of partnerships that are at the core of the 2030 Agenda, it aims to help turn our collective promise to leave no one behind into tangible action for people on the ground.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the requirements of the UNSDCF as the most important planning and implementation instrument for UN development activities within countries.
- Articulate the new elements of the UNSDCF.
The UNSDCF online course is hosted on the UNSSC Blue Line platform. It comprises the following:
- Five interactive self-paced modules, detailing key stages of the design and implementation of the UNSDCF
- Sharing activities to facilitate participant exchange
- An individual reflection exercise
- A graded final assessment
- Lesson 1: Setting the Stage
- Lesson 2: Planning, Roadmap, and Common Country Analysis (CCA)
- Lesson 3: UNSDCF Design and Development
- Lesson 4: Preparing for Implementation: UNCT Configuration, UNSDCF Signature, and Funding Framework
- Lesson 5: Implementation, Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation
UN staff involved in the design and implementation of UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework: Resident Coordinators, RC Office staff, UN country team members, Regional Peer Support Groups members, UNSDG (HQ, regional and country office level) staff, members of results groups, and UN programme and policy personnel at large.
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
Free for UN staff