Become a professional trainer. This six-module self-study is designed to provide a comprehensive look at the role and function of a trainer. This self-study online course gives participants the tools and techniques for a systematic approach to training others effectively.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able:
- Describe the role of the trainer
- Recognize differences among learners
- Identify various learning styles.
- Conduct a needs assessment
- Incorporate training methods to address varying learning styles
- Write action-oriented, measurable learning objectives
- Write an instructional plan
- Select appropriate instructional methods based on the content and objectives
- Determine training materials needed for a training application
- Describe typical visual aids and their use
- Deliver training in a positive and interactive way
- Manage a group of participants in the classroom
- Develop an evaluation plan
This course is delivered entirely online. It is a self-paced course that participants can start at any time and complete activities at their own pace. Once started, the participant is required to complete all activities within 3 months. Once completed, they will be required to complete the end of course questionnaire and get a certificate. There is no weekly webinar in this course.
Topic 1: Role of a trainer and understanding adult learners
Topic 2: Conduct a Needs Assessment and Writing Learning Objectives.
Topic 3: Designing and Developing Training Programs
Topic 4: Developing Training Materials
Topic 5: Delivering Effective Training
Topic 6: Evaluating Training and Conclusion
This course is for anyone involved in organizing learning and training events to develop others. These include trainers, facilitators, managers, leaders, resource persons, instructors, etc.
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The course fee of 500 USD covers full participation in the online course.