Participants in this module need to complete the self-paced online learning (three to four hours of learning time), followed by a one-on-one coaching/mentoring session with an experienced mentor to discuss takeaway from the module and prepare for the next career move.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Analyse a vacancy announcement and assess coherence with your profile and experience;
- Prepare and fine-tune your personal history form or P11 to highlight specific aspects of your work and facilitate understanding of your expertise and experience;
- Plan for a competency-based interview and use the highly effective STAR model to better articulate your experience and expertise.
This programme follows learner-centered design principles, and applies adult learning, such as case-based learning, simulation-based learning, reflection and social learning.
The online phase is self-paced where participants can start at any time and complete activities at their own pace within two months.
When participants have completed all the online activities, a one-to-one coaching/mentoring session will be scheduled with an experienced mentor. A final certificate of completion will be issued.
This module forms part of the new UNSSC’s Blueline learning platform. Subject to completion of this module, interested participants can sign up and access the Extended E-Certificate on Leadership and Management or other existing e-learning paths in Blueline. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- UN selection system
- UN competency framework
- CBI principle and practices.
- Before, during and after the interview
- Building rapport and communicating through non-verbal language.
All UN personnel (Professional and General Service staff) at headquarters and field locations.
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The programme fee for individual participants is $750, which includes online learning and a one-to-one mentoring session.