Together with the Electoral Assistance Division of the Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs (DPPA), UNSSC has decided to pause face-to-face delivery of this programme due to COVID-19. In its place a few key modules from the field-based training curriculum have been selected for delivery as a virtual training until face-to-face trainings can be conducted safely again.
Upon successful completion of the virtual training, you will be able to:
- Adopt a more comprehensive and political approach to prevent and mitigate election-related violence in your work.
- Learn from real examples and interact with practitioners.
- Identify gender dimensions of political participation and election-related violence.
- Benefit from peer knowledge and experience.
This virtual training will be conducted over five half-day sessions on June 7, 9, 11, 14 and 16. Participation in all sessions is mandatory to obtain the certificate.
The sessions will be delivered as follows:
June 7 from 09:00-12:00 NY time
- Introductions and Overview
- UN electoral assistance
June 9 from 09:00 -12:00 NY time
- Political approach
- Conflict Analysis and cognitive biases
June 11 from 09:00 - 12:00 NY time
- Preventing Violence against Women in elections
- Electoral timeline and inclusive elections
June 14 from 09:00 - 12:00 NY time
- Reflections on politically challenging elections
- Social media and disinformation
June 16 from 09:00 - 12:00 NY time
- Accepting election results
UN staff working on electoral and political affairs, good offices and mediation as well as related peace and security issues. After signing up to this programme, you will be requested to submit your Personal History Profile (PHP), upon the basis of which UNSSC and DPPA will carry out a selection process.
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
Thanks to generous support from the Department of Political Peacebuidling Affairs (DPPA), there are no fees for this programme.