The Leadership, Women and the UN Programme aims to promote the expansion and renewal of prevalent paradigms of leadership and ensure a more gender-balanced workplace across and beyond the UN system to advance the transformational, principled and inclusive leadership culture envisioned in the UN System Leadership Framework.
The programme gives you a unique opportunity to explore different leadership approaches and their situational application, the gender and cultural dimensions of leadership, dynamics of power, influence and negotiation and deeper personal-professional coherence and self-awareness to develop a set of skills and competencies for transformative and charismatic leadership.
Upon completion of the programme you will be prepared to thoughtfully lead yourself through the challenges and opportunities for women in leadership roles; influence the leadership culture of your organization; increase the impact of your projects; and unlock the leadership potential of your team.
The programme is designed for highly experienced UN women professionals at P4-P5 levels.
Click here to find out how our alumnae assessed the impact of the programme.
Upon successful completion of the programme you will be able to:
- Adopt in your daily practice appropriate and varied leadership approaches
- Identify gender aspects of leadership and the unique challenges and opportunities for women in leadership roles
- Demonstrate new skills in effective communication, negotiation, influencing for transformative leadership
- Gain insight and self-awareness and align your leadership with your aspirations
- Develop a lasting and supportive community
The methodology of the programme is dynamic and the programme consists of:
- Initial e-learning activities, such as pre-readings and learning needs assessment questionnaire to prompt reflection on your leadership needs and aspirations
- 360-degree leadership and personality assessment to help you understand your strengths and influence power as a leader, as well as areas for further development
- five-day face-to-face learning experience that includes theoretical and practical sessions featuring case studies, role play scenarios and peer-exchange of experiences and best practices. Along with daily reflection, journaling and action planning to achieve internalization and application of what has been learned
- Individual coaching sessions to further align your leadership practice with your aspirations
- Follow-up community building and learning activities to reinforce the transformational learning promoted by the programme
The programme will require your engagement over an overall period of three months. At its core lies a face-to-face experience that requires your presence for five full working days. Prior to the face-to-face element you will have one-month to complete the 360-degree leadership and personality assessment as well as the learning needs assessment. Two optional coaching sessions will need to be finalized within two months following the programme. Upon completion of the programme you will gain access to a lively community of alumnae and will receive regular community updates, inspirational resources and invitations to free-of-charge community booster webinars.
In this programme, you will be exposed to the following content:
- Gender and Cultural Dimensions of Leadership;
- Charismatic Leadership;
- Gender and Effective Communication;
- Political Acumen;
- Leadership Influence and Strategic Negotiation;
- Leading Change and Innovation;
- Leadership Alignment;
- From Reflection to Action
Female UN staff at the P4-P5 level and other highly experienced female leaders preparing for senior leadership roles. By nomination and open enrolment.
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The fee for the programme is $5,500 and covers programme material, access to the online UNKampus learning platform, individual 360-degree leadership and personality assessment, five-day face-to-face programme, debriefing on assessment, two individual coaching sessions and alumnae community activities.