This online course support the United Nations in its journey to shift the performance management paradigm from process to accountability for results.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Explain the key characteristics of UN leadership and support the adoption of the leadership behaviours embodied in the UN System Leadership Framework.
- Leverage diversity at work through inclusiveness and belonging.
- Articulate a new approach to performance management and use key tools for its implementation, including for today's remote and hybrid teams.
- Explain the key role of collaboration, shared goals and self-driving teams in enabling individual performances.
- Take specific actions to develop and sustain an effective relationship with your supervisor that supports both of you working at your best.
- Gain increased self-awareness of your own emotions and master techniques for regulating them effectively.
- Identify others’ emotions and respond empathetically and constructively.
This programme follows learner-centered design and scenario-based learning. It is a self-paced learning path delivered entirely online.
This custom learning path forms part of the new UNSSC’s Blueline leaning platform.
After registration, participants can start and complete modules and activities at their own pace.
This online learning path offers:
A micro-learning experience characterized by small knowledge units (modules and micro-lessons) where participants consolidate and reflect on learnings through the creation of micro-content (multimodal forum replies, blog posts, etc.).
Scenario-based learning exposing participants to unique real-life challenges and tasks of UN managers
Consolidation of takeaways through reflective practices and social learning to facilitate information exchange and peer-to-peer learning
UNSSC dedicated e-learning platform tracks completion of individual modules. A final certificate will be given to participants completing all modules in the learning path.
Each module is estimated to require approximately two to three hours of study time to complete at your own pace.
Upon completion of this learning path, interested participants can sign up for the Extended E-Certificate on Leadership and Management or other e-learning paths in Blueline. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Performance Management E-Learning Path includes the following modules:
- The UN System Leadership Framework
- Reimagining Performance Management
- Performance Management Core
- Self-driving Teams
- The Leader in You
- Managing Up
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leveraging Diversity in the Workplace
The programme is delivered through UNSSC's Blueline e-learning platform. By completing the learning path, participants will have access to an exclusive alumni network for continuous learning and exchange.
The learning path will be officially launched in April 2021.
UN officials at all levels.