This online course supports the operationalization of the UN System Leadership Framework. The reinvigorated UN Leadership Culture, coming from the adoption of the UN System Leadership Framework, is a change manifesto in itself asking each and every UN staff to lead, regardless of level, duties, or location.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Explain the key characteristics of UN leadership and support the adoption of leadership behaviours embodied in the UN System Leadership Framework.
- Leverage diversity at work through inclusiveness and belonging.
- Become a transformational leader through self-managment by focusing on personal change and self-leadership.
- Influence transformation within the team for personal effectiveness and higher performance.
- Recognize how ethical leaders behave and reflect on your own values, actions and personal characteristics in order to lead ethically.
- Use your communication skills to build and sustain lasting relationships with team members and stakeholders.
This programme follows learner-centered design and scenario-based learning. It is a self-paced learning path delivered entirely online.
This custom learning path forms part of the new UNSSC’s Blueline leaning platform.
After registration, participants can start and complete modules and activities at their own pace.
This online learning path offers:
A micro-learning experience characterized by small knowledge units (modules and micro-lessons) where participants consolidate and reflect on learnings through the creation of micro-content (multimodal forum replies, blog posts, etc.).
Scenario-based learning exposing participants to unique real-life challenges and tasks of UN managers
Consolidation of takeaways through reflective practices and social learning to facilitate information exchange and peer-to-peer learning
UNSSC dedicated e-learning platform tracks completion of individual modules. A final certificate will be given to participants completing all modules in the learning path.
Each module is estimated to require approximately three to four hours of study time to complete at your own pace.
Subject to completion of this learning path, interested participants can sign up and access the Extended E-Certificate on Leadership and Management or other E-Learning Paths in Blueline. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
The Leadership in the UN E-Learning Path includes the following modules:
- The UN System Leadership Framework
- Transformational Leadership - Leading the Self
- Transformational Leadership - Leading Others
- Adaptive Leadership
- Ethical Leadership
- Ethical Decision Making
- Leading through Communication
- Leveraging Diversity in the Workplace
The programme is delivered through UNSSC's Blueline e-learning platform. By completing the learning path, participants will have access to an exclusive alumni network for continuous learning and exchange.
UN officials at all levels.