This blended learning programme, developed by the UNLOCK team – a consortium between the UN System Staff College and the Management Consulting team of UNDP –, supports staff to perfect their skills in designing and managing change processes in the UN. It is perfect for programme, operations or coordination professionals at the P4 and P5 levels who are responsible for a change process or who are contributing to one. The programme offers a conceptual framework for change management and participants practice the use of tools to analyse, strategize, design, transform and sustain change initiatives in their own context.
Through a peer consultancy approach, participants apply the framework to their own, ongoing change processes. The programme draws on recent UN experience with organizational, culture and technical changes. Cases cover innovation, team/department repositioning, reorganization, culture change, processes reviews and ERP systems among others. The methodology is hands-on and highly interactive, it provides a perfect space to enhance the professional network.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Scope, design and manage an organizational change process
- Practice coaching and consultancy skills
- Develop strategies for real ongoing change processes
The course consists of a five-day workshop, preceded by a 30-minute call and two hours preparatory reading. It is followed by two webinars of two hours each within the next 3 months of the workshop.
The programme is grounded in a theoretical framework on change management, it furthermore offers practical facilitation and strategy tools which participants will apply to actual change cases.
The course content covers the following:
- Introduction to a conceptual frame work for change
- Role of the change Manager
- Governance system of a change process
- Analysis approaches and tools
- Design steps and tools
- Communication strategies and experiences
- Implementation steps
- Managing the human impact of change
- 30% peer consultancy work on analysing, designing and planning for an actual change process
- UN case studies of past and ongoing change processes
Team Leaders, Change Managers, Programme/Project Mangers, Senior Administration Staff, Coordinators at P4 and P5 level who are responsible for or significantly contributing to change processes in their organization.
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
Thanks to multiple donors’ support, this course is offered at a subsidized fee of 2,500 USD. Sponsoring organizations are responsible for the travel and accommodation of their participating staff.