The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the UN management reform call for UN managers to lead effective teams, implement changes and ultimately strengthen the UN’s capacities to achieve the 2030 Agenda.
UNSSC puts you in control of your own learning, giving you access to a unique collection of management modules tailor-made for leaders and managers across the UN system.
The curriculum includes a continuously growing collection of modules spanning across four different dimensions of management, including people management, planning, programme implementation and resource management.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Create high-performing teams, by motivating and coaching staff, and supporting their career development. Monitor and evaluate staff performance and address under-performance in a constructive manner
- Translate overall visions into realistic goals, by planning strategically, implementing result-based management systems, mitigating risks, and managing resources and funds successfully
- Communicate effectively with staff, senior managers and peers. Build and maintain long-term partnership with key stakeholders
- Adopt key practices and tools to ensure proper management of projects and programs, delegate and monitor tasks easily, and communicate and deal with risks successfully
- Create a UN inter-agency peer network
This programme follows learner-centered design & scenario-based learning. It is a self-paced learning path delivered entirely online.
Participants can start at any time and complete modules and activities at their own pace and sign-up for upcoming new modules.
Participants will be granted unlimited access to all modules for one calendar year from the date of enrolment. UNSSC dedicated e-learning platform tracks completion of individual modules. A final Management Certificate will be released to participants completing a total of 25 e-learning modules across all tracks.
Each module is estimated to require approximately four to five hours of study time to complete at your own pace.
The E-Management Certificate Programme offers a unique learning path structured on the following key managerial areas:
- People. This area includes modules on issues such as: Active Listening, Handling Difficult Conversations, Coaching Others Effectively, Resolving Conflicts and Motivating Yourself and Others.
- Resources. This area includes modules on issues such as budgeting and managing financial resources.
- Implementation. This area includes modules on issues such as: Leading Effective Meetings and Delegating Tasks.
- Vision. This area includes modules on issues such as Strategic Planning and Risk Communication.
New modules on management-related issues will be periodically released and made available to registered participants throughout 2019.
By completing the certification programme, participants will have access to an exclusive learning hub and alumni network for continuous learning around key management-related topics.
UN officials at all levels with management and leadership functions at headquarters and in the field.
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The programme requires a tuition fee of 2,000 USD and includes access to all modules for one calendar year from the date of enrolment.