Designed to develop the leadership potential of middle managers, this programme focuses on negotiation, consensus building and
communications skills. It employs an array of active learning methodologies and tools such as an individualized 360° leadership assessment (offered in English and French).
The programme allows participants to cultivate stronger connections by networking with peers from across the UN system and various duty
stations and to develop skills for persuasive advocacy and communication across multi-stakeholder environments and audiences.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Have explored their own leadership style, while identifying and prioritizing strengths to build on;
- Apply skills for persuasive advocacy and communication across multi-stakeholder environments and audiences;
- Benefit from stronger connections by networking with peers from across the UN system and various duty stations.
This face-to-face course combines lectures by external experts and senior UN staff with interactive and participatory exercises. Participants engage in peer-to-peer exchange, role play, case studies and interactive reflection to create a rich and proactive learning environment.
Leadership concepts and different styles of leadership; tips on the path to becoming a leader in the UN; managing negotiations; innovation; exploring individual strengths and weakness through 360 assessments; building charisma and communications skills
UN staff at the P3-P4 levels or equivalent (exceptions may be made on an ad-hoc basis)
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The programme fee of 3,500 USD covers:
- A pre-residential component, including a 360° leadership assessment and/or personality assessment and pre-readings;
- A four-day face-to-face training, with individual coaching sessions;
- Follow up activities and continued alumnae networking opportunities.
Refreshments will be provided during the programme. The fee does not include travel, accommodation, meals and other incidentals.
A scholarship of 1,000 USD is offered to National Staff, reducing their fee to 2,500 USD.
Certificates of attendance from the UN System Staff College will be awarded to participants who complete the course.