This programme builds negotiation, consensus building and communications skills, indispensable for working in highly demanding country contexts.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Demonstrate improved consensus building and negotiation skills;
- Master techniques to build trust and align a results-driven team around shared goals;
- Apply the art of effective communication to improve the quality of dialogue with partners and stakeholders, increase advocacy and highlight results achieved by the UN.
This face-to-face course combines lectures by external experts and senior UN staff with interactive and participatory exercises. Participants are led to apply their learning through role-play exercises, ‘real-life’ UN case studies, team discussions and dialogues with the speakers.
Latest trends in UN leadership; Inter-agency dynamics and the Resident Coordinator system; Building charisma; Improving political acumen & negotiation skills; Exploring individual strengths and weakness through 360° leadership assessment; Strengthening communications and media skills; Collaborative leadership approaches.
UN Country Team members at the level of P5 and above.
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The programme fee of 5,500 USD covers:
- A pre-residential component, including a 360° leadership assessment and pre-readings;
- A five-day face-to-face training, with individual coaching sessions on media skills with the Reuters team;
- Follow up activities and continued alumni networking opportunities.
Refreshments will be provided during the programme. The fee does not include travel, accommodation, meals and other incidentals.
The UN System Staff College will award Certificates of Attendance to participants who complete the course.