The CBI for Panel Members is a self-paced programme, consisting of two phases: online interaction and one-to-one mentoring session. The focus of the online phase is to help participants understand the key concepts in CBI, and the one-to-one mentoring session focuses on practice and application of the concepts.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Gain in-depth understanding of the UN competency framework and CBI
- Understand and perform their roles as panel members (including HR representatives)
- Have interview questions and useful templates ready to conduct CBI the next day
- Manage CBI successfully and make justifiable selection decisions
This programme follows learner-centered design principles, and applies adult learning, such as case-based learning, simulation-based learning, reflection and social learning.
This course is delivered entirely online. It is a self-paced course that participants can start at any time and complete activities at their own pace. Once started, the participant is required to complete all activities within 3 months. When the participant has completed all required activities, a one-to-one mentoring session will be schedule with the course instructor. At the end of the coaching session, the participant will be required to complete the end of course questionnaire and get a certificate. There is no weekly webinar in this course.
- UN selection system
- UN competency framework
- The roles of hiring managers and HR representatives in CBI
- Before, during and after the interview
- Building rapport and communicating through non-verbal language
- Good questions and bad questions
- Assessing candidates’ responses
- Making the selection decision
- Being aware of biases in selection decision making
- Writing reports
We welcome UN officials at headquarters and in the field who serve as panel members in Competency-Based Interviews.
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The programme fee of 750 USD includes: online learning materials and a one-to-one mentoring session.