This programme aims to directly contribute to the SDG Goal 3, target 3.6: “By 2020, halve the number of global deaths and injuries from road traffic accidents”.
It builds on the successful UNICEF's Road Safety Programme and will enable UN and associated organizations to deliver high quality, standardized driver training in a cost-effective manner. Successful participants will have requisite skills, knowledge and attitudes to train others on safely and effectively operating regular and armoured vehicles (AVs) on and off road, in a variety of contexts and risk environments.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply, organize and articulate, with precision and without supervision, advanced driving instruction, coaching and evaluation techniques to advanced, off-road and complex environment driving.
- Demonstrate mastery in real life examples.
Competencies will be imparted to the learners through, as relevant, the following methods:
- a. Classroom Based Learning. A formal or semi-formal discourse in which the instructor presents a series of events, principles, facts, explores a problem or explains relationships. This includes the following methods: lectures, discussions and problem based learning;
- b. Practical Learning. The instructor performs an operation, shows the learner what to do, how to do it and, through explanations, brings out why, where, how and when it is done. The learner is then required to perform under controlled conditions the operations, skill or movement being taught; and
- c. Summative and Formative Evaluation. Through practical or written performance checks learners will demonstrate their skills and knowledge to the required standard. Following the completion of the formal training courses, qualified participants are evaluated to ensure they are using the skills and knowledge learned on a daily basis.
Fundamentals of Adult Learning
Methods of Instruction
Methods of Evaluation
Methods of Coaching
Advanced Driver Theory (Classroom and practical demonstrations)
Driving in Complex Environments – Theory
Off-Road Driving – Theory
Advanced Driving Skills – Practical
Advanced Driving Practical
Practical Driving & Coaching
Off Road Practical
Performance Checks: Classroom Lessons
Performance Checks: Advanced Driving and Coaching
Course Administration Action Plans
Relevant operations and security staff.