During this five-day programme, participants gain a better understanding of different approaches to leadership, as well as the gender aspects of leadership and the challenges and opportunities for women in UN leadership roles.
Various dynamics of power, influence and negotiation will be explored to develop a set of skills and competencies in communication for transformative and charismatic leadership, effective negotiation and change management.
Participants are also able to increase self-awareness to realize their full leadership potential through 360-degree leadership assessment and coaching.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Demonstrate a better understanding of different approaches to leadership, as well as gender aspects of leadership and challenges and opportunities for women in UN leadership roles;
- Apply enhanced skills in communication for transformative and charismatic leadership, effective negotiation, and change management to act as change agents and contribute to a more agile and effective UN;
- Exercise greater self-awareness of individual strengths and areas for development, while exploring personal leadership style preferences to unlock their authentic leadership style;
- Implement personal leadership action plans with a focus on growth objectives;
- Benefit from continued exchange with a strengthened system-wide network of women leaders.
The methodology is dynamic, combining interactive lectures by experts with discussion and consultation; practical exercises; individualised executive coaching sessions; peer-exchange and networking; and individual and group reflection.
Gender and cultural dimensions of leadership; Leadership influence and gender; Effective communication and negotiation to influence others; The United Nations and women’s leadership; Mindfulness; Change management; Leadership reflections; 360 Degree Questionnaire analysis and debrief; Individual executive coaching; Reflection, dialogue groups and action planning.
Female P4/P5 UN staff preparing for senior leadership positions
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The programme fee of 5,500 USD covers:
- A pre-residential component, including a 360° leadership assessment and/or personality assessment and pre-readings;
- A five-day face-to-face training, with individual coaching sessions;
- Follow up activities, such as a personal action plan and continued alumnae networking opportunities.
Refreshments will be provided during the programme. The fee does not include travel, accommodation, meals and other incidentals.
The UN System Staff College will award Certificates of Attendance to participants who complete the course.