This online workshop takes participants through the practical steps to create an e-learning/online course or to optimize a face-to-face course for online delivery. Through practical exercises, participants learn tools and tricks and develop skills to design and deliver online courses on their own.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Choose appropriate tools for content development;
- Review and re-compose learning objectives;
- Select appropriate instructional methods for online learning based on the content and objectives;
- Use PowerPoint and Articulate Storyline to author an interactive self-paced module;
- Design a sample course in Moodle.
This online workshop is delivered entirely online in both synchronous and asynchronous modes. It combines webinar learning with hands-on practice assignments.
The webinar learning consists of weekly 2-hour instructor-led online sessions every Tuesday and Friday from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Rome Time or 8 am – 10 am New York time (4 hours of webinars per week). The live online sessions are conducted via the WebEx platform with toll and toll-free numbers for the audio component. No special software is required; participants only need an internet connection and a telephone to participate.
The hands-on practice assignments and discussion forum for each week of the course are designed and structured on the UNKampus, UNSSC’s Learning Management System. It is estimated that participants will require 3 hours per week to complete the hands-on practice assignment. In total, an estimated 7 hours per week is required for the course.
UNSSC will issue participants a Certificate of Completion, subject to completion of all course activities and assignments, and participation in live online sessions and discussion forum for each topic covered.
- Introduction and overview of tools and platform
- Creating Content for e-learning
- Creating course scripts, storyboard/Prototype
- Narration and audio script recording
- Choosing and using authoring tools
- Developing self-paced module and putting it all together in LMS
- Reviewing of virtual classrooms
Note: The focus of this course is on design and development, tools and techniques, digital collaboration, and delivery of online classes in a virtual classroom. It does not cover the needs assessment process.
Trainers, Training managers, Human resources personnel, Staff development officers
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The course fee of 1,250 USD covers full participation in the online course.