Board of Governors
The Board of Governors is the Staff College’s governing body that approves its overall work programme and budget. The UNSSC Board considers ways and means of enhancing the financial resources of the Staff College, evaluates its activities and provides recommendations for its future strategic direction.
Members of the UNSSC Board
Members of the Board are selected among senior officials of the High-level Committee on Programmes (HLCP) and the High-level Committee on Management (HLCM), in line with the inter-agency nature of the Staff College. Board Members act as “ambassadors” for the College by promoting its work in inter-agency gatherings and throughout the UN system.
Board Members are appointed by the Secretary-General to serve in their personal capacity for a two-year term.
- Ms. Amina Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General
Members (alphabetical order):
- Mr. Shambhu Acharya, Director, Department of Country Cooperation and Collaboration with the UN System, Office of the Director-General, WHO
- Ms. Jan Beagle, Deputy Executive Director, UNAIDS
- Mr. Getachew Engida, Deputy Director-General, UNESCO
- Mr. Tegegnework Gettu, Associate Administrator, UNDP
- Mr. Navid Hanif, Director Office of ECOSOC Support and Coordination, UNDESA
- Mr. Manoj Juneja, Assistant Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer, WFP
- Mr. Olav Kjørven, Director of the Public Partnerships Division, UNICEF
- Mr. Jafar Javan, Director, UNSSC
- Mr. Nikhil Seth, Executive Director, UNITAR
- Ms. Simona Petrova, Acting Secretary and Director of the CEB